Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wyoming Cutt Slam


Something I would like to do in the near future over a couple seasons is the State of Wyoming Game and Fish Department's Cutt Slam program. What you do is catch Wyoming's four cutthroat sub-species in their native range in Wyoming, document the catches with pictures and submit the application. In return they send the above certificate detailing your catch. I think it's a pretty cool program the state puts on, I wish Colorado had something similar! I have been told to expect to drive all over the state, but I figure that's the point of the program to see Wyoming and these fish in their native habitat.

Here's a map of the relative range of each species:

More info:

http://gf.state.wy.us/services/customers/cuttslam/index.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment